Revell 1/72 Panzerhaubitze 2000 - Finished!

The Final Project of 2014 is Complete! 


All told, it took me exactly thirty days to wrap up this little vignette. Considering the busy holiday season, it likely would have taken me less time had I been operating on it several months earlier. Never the less, the kit came together fabulously. I weathered it only slightly and mated the PzH 2000 to a simple base making for a rather nice display. The fence that runs along side the dirt road was made using a spare part from the '41 Chevy pickup I did earlier this year. The culvert is made from foam core board and a bit of PVC pipe. The water is Realistic Water from Woodland Scenics. I hope you enjoy the little scene!









It's simplicity means there isn't very much to look at. What you see is what you get, that's why I only decided to post two photos. I have never been a huge believer in taking thirty pictures of a model from repetitious angles just for the sake of having them.
For a kit that I thought initially was less than inspiring, the final product is something I'm really pleased with. Let me know what you think of it!
Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Nice work Jon, that is a massive looking gun barrel on that thing. Nice simple setting which also highlights the sheer size of this tank. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shayne, appreciate the comment. I felt it was best to go simple here since there isn't much I can really do with the model. I'm happy with it.

      Delete
  2. That base is superb! Congrats on an excellent build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first picture, looking down the length of the barrel, fantastic model.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Box Art

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B