Sprue Cutters Union 19: Back in Black

This Friday marks the arrival of that great holiday tradition where every one loses a little bit of their sanity and a lot of their common sense while braving the early morning hours, tons of traffic, and ridiculous lines all in the name of saving a little bit of money - otherwise known as Black Friday.
It isn't often you'll find me leaving the relative safety of my home to go out in search of deals at the local Target store. I'm too fond of preserving my humanity to risk losing my temper, or an eye, in the hustle and bustle of the retail jungle. However, it doesn't mean I won't be going online and it certainly doesn't mean there are a few of you out there with a larger set of brass balls than I've got. So, this week I want to know...


- What did you score this Black Friday weekend? -

Given that this is a holiday weekend, participation this week is hardly expected. No, really, you don't have to respond to this if you're far too busy stuffing a turkey or pulling your boot out of some obstinate shopper's behind. Otherwise, take the week off, relax, then come back next week for the 20th Sprue Cutters Union assignment. Also, considering Cyber Monday is, well, next Monday, I'll be extending this topic through December 2 to make sure we can include any cool purchases between now and then.

Oh, and I'm only referring to relevant hobby purchases. I really don't care if you got a 42" television for sixty-five percent off....unless you put it together yourself, then maybe....

Remember, all it takes is a passion for this hobby and a blog to go along with it! All you have to do is write a post in response to this topic by Sunday and you can be a member of the Sprue Cutters Union. Take a look at the Sprue Cutters Union page for more detail. Once you've written your post, either email me the link or drop the link in the comment section below.
The goal is to send new readers to our sites, so don't forget to include the links to other modelers' responses when you get an opportunity. Feel free to grab the badge!
Spread the word.
Join the Union!

Comments

  1. Black Friday is not something done here in the land of OZ, but i do nknow of a few on-line offers so you never know i may end up with a few new items.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for the UK, but I may just decide to use it as an excuse to buy something and pass it off as 'supporting the Union'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Black Friday in Europe, but I did get some interesting kits last weekend, so here goes : http://jvtroyen.blogspot.be/2013/11/sprue-cutters-union-19-back-in-black.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured most of us wouldn't participate in this one, for one reason or another, so its my way of saying the holidays are here, take a break. We'll have another topic up next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's my contribution Jon http://www.scalemodelworkbench.com/2013/11/black-friday-bargains.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is mine. http://dknights.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/sprue-cutters-union-19/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Vacation

AMARC A-10: The Fuselage

Stess Free Modeling