Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-43 Hayabusa - Finished!


I really can not cast a single stone against this kit. Though it is older, its age did not show through as I found its fit and engineering very satisfactory. It may be lacking detail in some areas, like the cockpit, but its made up for in other places like the engine.
I always say, my best model is my next one, and while that is true, I am quite pleased with how this one turned out and is currently the crown jewel on my shelf. It was refreshing to build something that didn't cause me problems, whether self-made or not. I enjoyed painting this one, and weathering it and look forward to whats next.

The finished pics are a bit dark, so this photography thing is going to have to be remedied at some point in the future.





Thanks for having a look-see and I'll catch you on the next build preview!
Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Wow! Mate. that is absolutely fantastic. Defo your best work to date IMO. Great use of pre-shading and subtle chipping. How did you do the chipping BTW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for the kind words. The chipping was done pretty easily. I masked the edge of a panel with masking tape. Then I tore off a piece of a sponge and dipped it into Tamiya acrylic Aluminum and dabbed it on along the edge of the panel. The masking tape gave it a decent hard edge. Tedious but easy.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for explaining; it worked very well! It's a more controlled method than either salting or liquid masking - I'll try that myself next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B

M117 750 lb GP Bomb