New decals rejuvenated this stalled project!
Remember this one? Its a tiny project sat dormant for the past month or so, waiting on the chance for me to purchase decals that would be of better quality than the nasty markings included in the kit. What the model offered were far too thick and didn't blend well, even after several applications of decal set. It did not take much effort to scrape them off with an Xacto blade.
When I finally scrounged up the money, I ordered a set of Fightertown Decals from Sprue Brothers which came promptly after two days. My only issue is that the set was not numbered so it was difficult to match up the decals on the sheet with the markings on the guide. Considering some decals are so small they were impossible to read, I left them off altogether. Never the less, the markings I did add were much better than the alternative and gave me the opportunity to finish a project that was quickly collecting dust.
Here is the final look:
You can see there is no pilot, an issue I mentioned before, but I don't really care. I wanted a clever way to display this little model so I went for it. A pin wash here and there really helped with the weathering. Otherwise, not much else to say. It was a small project, that was quite enjoyable. The kit built up well and I'm ultimately happy with the results.
Thanks for reading!