Sprue Cutters Union #4: FML...

Last week, the Union was tasked with showing us what our favorite models were, the gems of our so called collections. The Union came through with some truly spectacular efforts. However, if you're anything like me, than you'll know that this hobby isn't all rainbows and butterflies and perfectly finished kits that sit proudly on our shelves for all to see. No, unless you were born under some kind of lucky star than you've had your fair share of mishaps and misadventures.


- What is the worst experience you've had with this hobby? -

I am hoping this may be somewhat informative and humorous. Experience is the best teacher, so hopefully we will all have something to learn from other's experiences while perhaps passing on some fair warnings of our own. So, let us know, what happened when this hobby made you shout FML!!

Remember, all it takes is a passion for this hobby and a blog to go along with it! All you have to do is write a post in response to this topic by Sunday and you can be a member of the Sprue Cutters Union. Take a look at the Sprue Cutters Union page for more detail. Once you've written your post, either email me the link or drop the link in the comment section below.
The goal is to send new readers to our sites, so don't forget to include the links to other modelers' responses when you get an opportunity.
Spread the word.
Join the Union!


Comments

  1. OK, my post is up on this weeks topic.
    http://dknights.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/sprue-cutters-union-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great post! The part about how you sprayed the color from the airbrush back into the bottle got me chuckling. Welcome to the Union!

      Delete
  2. Here is my first post in the Sprue Cutters Union. Thanks for organizing this, Jon B!

    http://www.ltsmashsmodels.com/?p=704

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain! Warping issues are always so frustrating. I used to fix mine by placing them on a base with uneven terrain...disguises it pretty well! Welcome to the Union!

      Delete
    2. It's like you're reading my mind, Jon! I have started working on an uneven, desert base to hide my mistake.

      Delete
    3. Haha! Its the cure-all for lopsided AFVs.
      My thought process always goes something like, "shoot, this track doesn't touch! No biggie, I'll just put a rock under it"
      Problem solved!

      Delete
  3. The Worst

    http://ascalecanadian.blogspot.com/2013/08/sprue-cutters-union-worst.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! I hate canopy masking too but have since found it easiest to use liquid mask and paint it on. Sure beats tape...

      Delete
  4. Spilling my bottle of Weldon-3 only to find a canopy or windshield sitting in the puddle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that is DEFINITELY and FML moment!

      Delete
  5. Getting later and later each week with my entry :-)

    http://jvtroyen.blogspot.be/2013/08/sprue-cutters-union-4-fml.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My entry on this weeks blog chatter...

    http://mattblackgodsworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/sprue-cutters-union-4-my-fml-moment.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. My contribution for this week has been written down with tears in my eyes...... (slightly exaggerated)

    http://kermitsbench.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/sprue-cutters-union-4-worst-experiences/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey bud, here's my contribution. Just need to add some links to other member posts...

    http://eternalwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/what-is-worst-experience-you-had-with.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Box Art

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B