Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-43 Oscar WIP


With the airbrush on the sidelines until the new tips arrive (hopefully sometime at the end of this week) the PT Boat has been shelfed. It has been difficult to find the motivation to start something totally new as I already have two projects underway - "Call the Ball" and the PT Boat. I would hate to add a new project to the bench, but hey, I'm dying of boredom here!

A while back, when Large Scale Modeller was born out of the ashes of the Scale Plastic and Rail forum, I registered for an account. Since then, I haven't made a single post. This is in part due to my own indifference, as well as the fact that they only allow builds from 1/35 scale and above. Admittedly, I don't own many larger scale subjects, as I've said before, due to the lack of space in my house. Though I love a good 1/35 armor kit, I don't have any in the stash currently, a fact I should remedy in the future. Needless to say, large scale aircraft run thin in my collection as well until I remembered I had this 1/32 Ki-43 Hayabusa from Hasegawa.

It was purchased for cheap from a model show several years ago and has been waiting for the perfect moment to surface as a project. Though it will be sharing the limelight with several other models on the workbench, my current airbrush dilemma left me with no choice. Couple that with the Pacific War Group Build now underway on LSM and I have a recipe to get me out of this rut until the tips for my airbrush arrive at my doorstep.

I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to finish this Oscar. The fashionable way to go, of course, would be heavy chipping and weathering exposing the natural metal finish underneath, similar to what the box art shows. Its fairly en vogue for Japanese fighters, especially late war, as this would be and while there is nothing wrong with that, I'm not sure if that is what I will do. We shall see. But considering the other Hayabusa I completed was not weathered in such a manner, it is definitely something I'm going to ponder over.

Any how, stay tuned for the start which should come tonight if things go my way. And if you're so inclined, join the group build and share your work!
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

M117 750 lb GP Bomb

The Best Movie Airstrike Scenes