"Call the Ball" Weekend WIP - Part II



The weekend is here, which, as you know, means its time to change up the regularly scheduled build to work on something a little different. I started this Tomcat project back at the end of July and have finally had the opportunity to return to it. Several obstacles, like Drill and a broken airbrush kept me from completing this on previous weekends. But, I have a three day weekend starting today so no excuses this time!

Now that the tips for my Paasche came in last week, I thought picking this project back up again was in order. Plus, it gives me some time to think about what sort of base I want to put the PT Boat on.
Any how, last night I let the paint fly...
Of course, I started like I always do with the three layer blend I picked up from Doogs' Models. Base coat of black first...


White to highlight the panels...


Then a thin layer of the preferred top coat color...




I left the panel lines fairly noticeable because older Tomcats got pretty grimy, and I like the look.
Once that was done, I painted the black anti-glare panel and horizontal stabilizers...



And finally, the black walkways above the intakes...


And that will do it for now. What's left? I have to give it a coat or two of Future before laying the decals. There will be a bit more fine detailed painted to come before that though. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with how she's looking!
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

M117 750 lb GP Bomb

The Best Movie Airstrike Scenes