"The Hunt" WIP - Episode III


First off, I'd like to wish all of my American readers a happy Fourth of July. I hope you used your independence in a responsible manner!
Over the last several days, I finished up painting Wedge Antilles and poured the first layer of water onto the base. This is a quick update, so not a whole lot of meat and potatoes, nor commentary. Take a look...



As you can see, Wedge received a repaint. Initially, I wasn't satisfied but time heals all wounds...or something like that. When I picked him up a day later, I thought he looked decent enough that a repaint was not in order after all. For his make over, I used Vallejo acrylics, as usual.
Then he got some weathering, to look dirty, as he should considering his situation...


His flight suit looks a bit pink, but that is just the lighting. Its more of a light orange in real life.
And on to the water.
As you can see, he'll be standing in nearly waist deep water, hence his chopped off lower appendages. I mixed some Woodland Scenics realistic water with some muddy looking paint and poured the first layer. The duct tape you see is the seal for the edges so no fluid escapes. It looks ridiculous but works extremely well. When the water sets, just peal the tape away...


I am extremely satisfied with the water, and intend on pouring a clear layer over this later tonight. It didn't take long to set so I'm pleased with that as well.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

M117 750 lb GP Bomb

The Best Movie Airstrike Scenes