"The Hunt" - Finished!


Yes, after a couple of weeks off due to work restraints I was finally able to finish the last couple of steps for this diorama. All that needed to be completed was the rework and repaint necessary on the Weequay alien figure. 
After sealing his joints with super glue and milliput, I painted him using Vallejo acrylics, matching his original colors as best I could. A wash using burnt umber ink and some dry brushing gave him a lightly weathered appearance. He'll just need a dull coat to take a bit of the shine off of him.

Nothing beats finishing a project. Its exciting, and especially after a diorama like this, I feel quite a sense of accomplishment. 
What did I learn? I believe the next time I won't get so complicated with the water. I'm not totally sold on how it turned out. In certain angles it looks more like textured earth than murky water. I'm not so sure the base had to be quite so large either. But it is what it is. Over all, I'm happy with it. I think it replicates the original concept picture pretty well, I just hope the story is as clear to you as it is to me.
Enjoy the finished pictures!





On to the next project!

Comments

  1. Hello
    this is a very successful skit for the star war I love; I guess it's full scratch?
    it's a very good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Vacation

AMARC A-10: The Fuselage

Stess Free Modeling