Sprue Cutters Union #1 - Your First


The Sprue Cutters Union is ready to go live and I'm excited to kick it off! This inaugural assignment should be an easy one for all you model bloggers, and may even be a little nostalgic. So, for our first task I thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other a little better, but rather than telling me your name and all that personal mumbo-jumbo I thought we'd skip to the chase. Lets get right into the gritty details...I want to know:


- What was your first?? -

Tell the community about the first model you ever built without the help of any one else. In other words, your first solo. Of course, the length of your post and the amount of detail you include is all up to you. Extra credit if you still have the model in your possession, though if you do - pics, or I won't believe it!

Remember, all it takes is a passion for this hobby and a blog to go along with it! All you have to do is write a post in response to this topic by Sunday and you can be a member of the Sprue Cutters Union. Take a look at the Sprue Cutters Union page for more detail. Once you've written your post, either email me the link or drop the link in the comment section below.
Don't forget to include the links to other modelers' responses when you get an opportunity.
Spread the word.
Join the Union!

Comments

  1. http://doogsmodels.com/2013/07/22/sprue-cutters-union-1-your-first-model/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome write up, Matt. My first solo build was when I was in high school so the memory is still fairly fresh. Nice look into your modeling past, thanks for the post!

      Delete
  2. http://jvtroyen.blogspot.be/2013/07/sprue-cutters-union-1-your-first.html

    I still have the model boxed up with all other models, and I did take pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matchbox Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X straight out of the box (you didn't have to paint it as they used multicolored plastic)
    I do believe it's still around in one of the boxes in the attic of my parent's house.
    I've built it when I was 12 years old, always just one step from the instruction sheet after I came from school under the supervision of my mum, so it was clean and not rushed (that can't be said about the models that came after that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those old Matchbox kits. My first Matchbox was an A-7 Corsair II that came together like a real beauty. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. To make your life easier i thought i might post here as well:
    http://kermitsbench.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/sprue-cutters-union-1-your-first-model/

    ReplyDelete
  5. First model was when i was 14 yrs old, a Apache AH-64 from Revell and had it suspended in air... I no longer have due to my sister hitting it with a metal cooking spoon! Robert aka Archangel554

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robert, thanks for commenting! Nice first model! The Huey I build a while back was hanging from my ceiling, until it too met its end after it fell...always a sad day.

      Delete
  6. My first build was a 1/72 Airfix P40 Kitty Hawk. I was 4 and I only vaguely remember it. My dad bought it and a Spitfire for himself. He was busy making the Spit and when he looked up I had built the P40. He only had to help with the cockpit and undercarriage.

    The model has long since vanished (it was 1975). I have been model making in one form or another ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, building at 4 years old, I'm impressed! A P-40 was probably my forth model completed. Love that plane.

      Delete
  7. First model I can remember putting together was a P-51B by Revell. I think it was 1.32nd. Maybe I was about 6-7ish. Have no clue the fate of this model. Now later, when I was 18, my first real attempt to make a model look like the box photographs was with a Monogram P-38 at 1/48th. I still have this one and use it to judge skill progression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, whats with you guys and your early starts? A 1/32 plane when you were 6? I probably just started playing with Legos, haha! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  8. Man I can't even really recall the very first model I built there where alot of them the years kinda of make the memories kinda of all run together. Bits and pieces of memory come to mind a 1/32 scale Hasegawa F-86 when I was 6 or 7 years old managed to muck it up with lots of tube glue everywhere! lol...I think I build every monogram 1/48 scale navy ww2 fighter they had out in 1976-78 in the white box remember those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all managed to muck up a lot of models at some point or another in our modeling lives! I had Revell's 1/48 F-86 that I weathered and battled damaged beyond the point of belief. I thought it looked great then. Of course, it would be silly looking now. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  9. Ok bud, here is a link to my post...http://eternalwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/my-first-model-sprue-cutters-union-1.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Vacation

AMARC A-10: The Fuselage

Stess Free Modeling