"The Hunt" - WIP


If you've never had the opportunity to watch the movie Bat 21, I recommend that you do so. Not so much for its entertainment value, as much as you'll know what the heck I'm talking about through this post. I watched that movie, starring Gene Hackman and Danny Glover, for the first time when I was a kid - give or take ten or eleven years old and it left quite an impression on me. I recall it being one of the first "grown up" movies that I watched and one that left me rather unsettled after certain scenes. But, it became one of my favorites, even despite its inaccuracies of which I learned as I grew older, and I'll still watch it when it appears on television these days.
As a matter of fact, it was just on recently which sparked the idea for this WIP called "The Hunt". Based on the last Star Wars vignette I did, you probably realize that I like to give that saga a modern update (after all, it was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away). I like to make my Star Wars scenes take place "a few years ago, on a planet that is pretty close to ours". I find inspiration in our world and apply it to theirs. That is as simply as I can put it.

The idea for this diorama takes a scene from Bat 21 in which Gene Hackman's character has just parachuted to earth after his EB-66 gets shot down over Vietnam. After Hackman makes for the tree line, some Viet Cong discover his whereabouts and one of them picks up his discarded flight helmet, as you can see in the picture above. Without giving too much away, I intend to replicate a similar scene in which an indigenous person has located a downed Rebel pilot's flight helmet who has concealed himself nearby.

The chase is on. Let the hunt begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B

M117 750 lb GP Bomb