"The Hunt" WIP - Episode I


Its been a while since I posted the introduction to this WIP but as it were, things often times get in the way. But after nearly a week and a half of sitting idle, some progress has been made! I'll take you through it.

As usual, I've started with the base. I've said before that I like to start with the base on my action figure dioramas because it allows me to shape the figure around the environment. Its just easier, at least in my own mind. So, it was time to break out the oasis foam and cheap wooden plaques and start to building...


I've created some elevation that will separate our hunter from the fleeing Rebel pilot...I almost forgot to introduce you to the main characters. Here they are...



Now that you've met the players, lets continue with the base. The oasis foam got the standard layer of celluclay. The celluclay was mixed with white glue, brown acrylic craft paint, some tiny stones and twigs, and  some Woodland Scenics fake snow to give it more texture...


A large rock or two were added. I find that bark from an oak tree replicates a rock once painted appropriately. You can also see I've created to reeds using stretched sprue...


More items are placed to give it more of a river bank type feel to it...





And here is our hero, hiding along the bank, up to his thighs (eventually) in murky water. Of course, I had to chop his legs off to achieve this...




And there is where I left it...I'm probably going to have to work on the pilot next before placing him in the water, otherwise it'll be difficult to seal his joints and paint him.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Vacation

AMARC A-10: The Fuselage

Stess Free Modeling