Latest Hobby Shop Haul


I've probably posted this photo before, but if you're unfamiliar with the heavenly vision you see above, let me introduce you to the best place on earth...AAA Hobbies in Magnolia, NJ. It is what we in the hobby call the LHS. Though, at a good 40 minute drive from my house it is hardly local but well worth the drive as you can obviously see!
This past weekend was Father's Day, so I made my way to the hobby shop along with my best good friend Mark, and my three year old son. Bringing my son can be quite a task considering all the wonderful planes, trucks, and cars in reach of his little fingers. But I know that the enthusiasm he displays on the outside, is the same excitement I have on the inside. I love this place, I just disguise it better than a three year old...

Now then, I should mention that my stash has outgrown its ability to be stored comfortably and my wife, who is quite logical, decided to ban any further kit buying until the stash is depleted...to which I reluctantly agreed. It was one of those arguments that I wasn't going to win any way. But, just because I couldn't purchase a kit doesn't mean I can't have any fun while I'm at the hobby shop. I just have to think of other needs. It kind of serves as a good challenge, and I might be the first modeler in history to complete their stash before the next century.
So what did I get?


An assortment of things. I used to subscribe to Finescale Modeler Magazine but, much like my stash, was simply taking up too much room, so I stopped. On occasion, I'll pick up an issue here or there, and in this case, AAA Hobbies gives away previous issue for FREE. Yes, no cost. So, I grabbed the four available issues. The wooden plaque is for the upcoming Star Wars diorama that, as of this writing, is ahead in the polls for my next project. There is a can of Testor's Dull Coat, two jars of Tamiya acrylic paint, and a little bottle of Vallejo Plastic Putty that I will be trying out. I was looking for Mr. Dissolve Putty, but they don't seem to carry it.
Wait, I know what you're thinking. You see two kits there, and you're saying I told the wife I'm not buying any more kits, right? Right. Technically, they aren't kits. Technically. They are accessories...a big difference. Consider if you will, the shoe was on the other foot, and I told the wife she can't buy any more outfits. Perhaps she comes home with a pair of shoes that compliment another outfit she already has. Perfectly acceptable, right? That's what I've done here.
I purchased a weapons loading set, and a set of aircraft ground crew equipment that will go perfectly with my previously finished Academy F-16. I'm in the NJ Air National Guard and serve as a weapons loader for F-16C's. So, I simply couldn't resist the opportunity to model myself doing what I do...


Neat, huh? Not a glamorous job by any means but still cool!
Any how, that is the long and the short of it. Hope I didn't make you all terribly green with envy at the greatness of my hobby shop, but if I did, I'm terribly not sorry because its the best place on earth. Don't hate.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Oh that looks like heaven. I love the old style hobby shops. Shame they are a rare thing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Its a great store and beats shopping at Michael's or AC Moore. I rarely purchase anything online because I can get it here. It maybe slightly more expensive in some cases, but the trip is worth it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Box Art

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B