Rust in Peace - Episode II


It is almost finished. After a slight set back, its back on track. Last night I finished the majority of the plants and vegetation using quite the assortment of natural material like sticks as well as some items from the spice rack, like oregano, and marjoram. My diorama is starting to smell like Italian restaurant with all this seasoning being tossed around.
Lets see what we've got...


Grass was added using paint brush bristles, but my slip up was painting them a ridiculous shade of bright green by the end of the night.


The following evening I toned it all down with some darker shades of green, but it still didn't look quite right without the brown, dried grass...



Even in real life there is a good mix of color. I needed to put the brown grass back into the scene...





You can see the finished tree here, as well as a bush I made using green lichen with oregano stuck too it for leaves...


The flowery bush was made using a different color Caspia than the tree. Pretty nice...


The leaves on the ground and on the truck are marjoram...









So that is where she sits at the moment. To follow this up, all I need to do is make the crop field and finish painting that stinking dog. Once that's done, I really think it'll look nice.
As far as the ground work goes, there are things I'm happy with and things I'm not happy with. I'm not particularly fond of the tall green grass still, at least not with the medium I used. Painted brush bristles don't appear as natural as the non-painted ones. Lesson learned for next time. I am happy with the tree, bush, and fallen leaves however. Let me know what you think!
Until next time, thanks for readin!


Episode I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving Vacation

AMARC A-10: The Fuselage

Stess Free Modeling