Return from Mosquito Con 22


This past weekend marked another great model show and the third time I have attended Mosquito Con in Wayne, New Jersey. It is certainly one of the better shows in the region annually, and my father and I make sure the first weekend of April is always free for us to attend. Mosquito Con is held in the gymnasium of the local PAL which is more than enough room to display all the models while leaving space for onlookers to peruse the many different creations.
Different they were. Here are a few pictures of the event. Models ranged from great looking aircraft...




...to sentimental vignettes...


...to the greatest aircraft in the world...(no bias here......)


...to some clever use of perspective...


...some beautifully done armor...


 ...great artistic vision and action...


...interesting sci-fi subjects...



...the bizarre...


...and the down right creepy...


Every subject was well represented ensuring there would be something to meet everyone's interest.
Though I didn't include all the photos in this blog, I've posted them all to Photobucket. I took a 195 and still didn't capture every model on the tables! If you want to see more pictures of some great models, take a look...Mosquito Con 22 Album
If you want to see who won, see NJIPMS has the "Best of Winners" listed, with photographs, here...Mosquito Con 22 Best of Awards

Aside from that, I'll have to say, there wasn't anything that totally blew me away this weekend. Don't get me wrong, there were a ton of fantastically finished models on display by a ton of talented modelers. But there was nothing I saw that truly captured my attention, that I could pour over for five or ten minutes, taking it all in. Never the less, it was an awesome time to be had and I look even more forward to attending next year.
Look for the next post where I show you what new (old) kits I brought home at bargain prices!
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

M117 750 lb GP Bomb

The Best Movie Airstrike Scenes