Ashes to Ashes, Rust to Rust - Finished!


Its nice when you get toward the end of a build and you can let out a deep sigh of relief. Looking back, there were no huge issues with the kit, or problems applying certain techniques. There are always things to take away from a recently completed model, considering this was the most ambitious build for me in terms of weathering and scratch building, I'd say I've learned a lot. Next time, the techniques will be more refined. Though I'm happy with the end result, I still have to say that I'm not sold on building civilian vehicles. The only way I will do them is exactly how I represented this one - a rust bucket. But that takes a considerable amount of energy and time, so if I decide to do another one, it is a long way down the highway...
In the mean time, feel free to look at the pictures...






Though the model is finished, there is still work to be done. This can't be a stand alone model, as I don't believe any model with this much weathering can just sit on a shelf without the appropriate base. So for the next few days, I'll be working on the appropriate setting. I've not decided on anything in particular yet, so I'll be looking for some inspiration in a place called the internet. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!
Until then!
Thanks for reading!


Episode XIIIEpisode XIIEpisode XIEpisode XEpisode IXEpisode VIIIEpisode VIIEpisode VIEpisode VEpisode IVEpisode IIIEpisode IIEpisode I

Comments

  1. Really cool. How did you get the paint to peel around the cab and fenders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, that was done with liquid mask called "Magic Masker" made by a company called Walthers. Its basically latex that you can paint on with a brush. Once dry, I just lifted the edges a bit and it looks pretty convincing.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done! Mechanical decrepitude is always cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Warren! Much appreciated, and fine choice of words...decrepitude has been added to my thesaurus!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Box Art

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B