The Oscar Goes To - Finished!


Well, I've finally met a deadline. Yet another first this project has presented. I wanted to give myself a week to complete this little vignette, and sure enough I finished within that time frame. From yesterday's post, all I had to do was apply some clear coats to seal in the paint job, and then mount it to the base.
My favorite part of any modeling project is when you feel a decent sense of accomplishment after completing it. When all the components come together to actually look how I envisioned, it kinda makes my day.
So, without further ado, the oscar for Best "Supported" Aircraft goes to...





It is a pretty effective look in my opinion and exactly what I was hoping for. The clear sprue rod is fixed to the belly of the Oscar and the top of the palm tree because I wanted as few obstructions as possible.
That is really all there is to it. It is a nice finish, and fitting display for a model that had been neglected due to an unforeseen technical error, brought to fruition by the creative incentive provided by Cool and Collected and the League of Extraordinary Bloggers.
I know that my current project, Academy's F-16 CG/CJ has been delayed because of this, but I like the spontaneity the League promotes. It breaks up the monotony of a step by step work in progress. Any how, after this short detour I'll resume to F-16 and life goes on. But in the mean time, I hope you enjoyed the first scale model finished in 2013. Thanks for following along!

Episode V
Episode IV
Episode III
Episode II
Episode I
Intro to the Project

Comments

  1. That looks incredible! You probably mentioned this in a previous post, but what is the scale of that plane? I'd love to see the finished diorama next to a soda can or something for reference.

    Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! It is pretty tiny at 1/75 scale. You can get a sense of scale when you realize that the beach is sitting on top of a standard peanut butter jar lid. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. 1/75 it is TINY!! You're really skilled! (is that a miniature pilot inside?)
    This is by far the best Oscar of all Oscars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you're too kind. Yes there is a little pilot in there. Not much to see at that scale. Again, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Box Art

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B