Sweet 16 - Episode XI


Well, I certainly didn't expect this build to drag out as long as it has. Now I'm up to my arm pits in decals, and I hate decals. I can only sit for so long, soaking decals and meticulously positioning them, and then repositioning them. It drives me nuts. To top it off, I guess I didn't put down a glossy enough coat so I'm dealing with a bit more silvering than I'd like to admit. Ugh. Perhaps the next gloss coat will tone it down a little. I can hope at least...

This quick update is just to show you that I've completed the aircraft specific decals for the 5th Air Force F-16 based out of Misawa, Japan. I happened to like the tail art of this unit, not to mention I have a buddy stationed out there.
The next step will be adding the generic F-16 decals, of which there are many. [sigh] But it must be done. Then markings will be added to the munitions and stores, and finally some touch ups before this is all said and done.



Thanks for looking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B

M117 750 lb GP Bomb