Modeler Interrupted


Sometimes I wish that building models offered a more lucrative incentive. There would be nothing more pleasurable that to make a living off this hobby. Just imagine, having eight hours a day to sit down and work, uninterrupted. My creativity, and productivity would be at maximum efficiency! I would love to tune out all the distractions and focus on nothing but the kit in front of me. But such as it is, modeling is merely a pass time, and pass times do not put bread on the table. Nor do they fulfill family duties, or other obligations. Therefore, what little time I do have to model is subject to varying degrees of interruption, as life puts the hobby on the back burner - turned down from a boil to a slow simmer...




For the past few days, my six month old has had bronchitis. She sleeps in spurts, waking with a terrible cough and miserable disposition every so often. I'll admit, it gets frustrating when I'm in the middle of setting a decal and she wakes up demanding a bottle or some other comfort but as much as my modeling time suffers due to these interruptions, it can't be helped until she is well. So, for now, the hobby will take a back seat to another one of life's obstacles. The model can wait. It doesn't cry for my attention.

There is nothing more important to me than family, and more so, the health of my children. Most modelers know that this hobby has an ebb and flow, whether intentional or not, preventable or not. There are not many modelers I know that can create a constant stream of projects on a regular basis. Chances are, you are much like me, battling for time just to put on one more decal or one more layer of clear coat. If there is anything this hobby has taught me, it is patience, and the wisdom to know that this hobby will always be there when I'm ready.
So, if you will, stay tuned as I battle life's little speed bumps. The F-16 is getting there, slowly but surely. In the next few days, I should be back on track!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B

M117 750 lb GP Bomb