Customer Service That Doesn't Stink!



Often times it can be difficult to find quality service from today's retailers and industries. Whether it is a delay in answering emails, trouble delivering products on time, or the inability to return a damaged item, it is easy to be confronted with obstacles in the consumer world. Well, today I bring you a story that is a sweet departure from the world of outsourced call centers, and obstinate corporate heads.

This story begins around Thanksgiving Day when my dad found a kit I must have left at my parents house after I moved out. Truly, I couldn't believe that I would do a thing like that, and to this day I don't remember ever having Monogram's 1/48 Messerschmitt Me-109G in my possession.


When I looked inside the box, a receipt was still in it, dating back twelve years to only three days before my birthday. It was likely a gift that I had forgotten amidst the interests that arise during the high school years. Upon further inspection, I realized that the clear parts sprue was missing. The canopy and windscreen were not there at all.
Not to be deterred, I jumped online about a week ago to see what Revell could do for me. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical, not knowing how they would treat an older kit that isn't even on the market any more. I was pleased to see that Revell makes ordering parts simple, with their Request Form on their Parts and Service page. All I had to do was provide an address, the kit number and part number, and hope for the best. I hadn't expected the parts to arrive for maybe a month and a half, if not more. They showed up on Monday!
My windscreen and canopy were in a small plastic bag, contained in a protective cardboard box. A lot can be said for hassle free, no cost customer service, a characteristic that is hard to come by in some places. So, hats off to you, Revell, for making the reunion between modeler and long lost kit even more enjoyable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worst Box Art

F-5E/F Tiger II's Use of Precision Guided Weapons

Sidewinder Overview Part I: AIM-9B